Attention Science Teachers!!Posted: February 22, 2024
33rd Catechetical ConvocationPosted: January 26, 2024
2024 Religion BeePosted: January 5, 2024
Contact: Sister Margaret Rose Adams
The Religion Bee is open to students in grades 5-8 who attend one of the 102 Archdiocese of Philadelphia Catholic Elementary School and the private schools who work with the Archdiocese.
For more information, including the timeline, participation, rules & regulations, visit the 2024 Religion Bee page.
Secretary Grant Application Period is Started!Posted: October 2, 2023
The Office of Catholic Elementary (OCE) is proud to provide the Secretary Grant as a resource to support our elementary school teachers who have children that attend an Archdiocesan elementary school. Please note the list below for guidelines and qualifications:
- One parent/guardian must be employed full-time as an Archdiocesan elementary and/or early childhood school teacher or administrator at the time of submission of the application and continue to be employed in the 2024-2025 school year.
- The parent/guardian must have been employed as a teacher or administrator in the 2023-2024 school year. New hires employed after this school year will need to wait for the following registration year to apply.
- The child/children must attend an Archdiocesan elementary (not early childhood) school in the 2024-2025 school year.
- The grant is applied toward elementary school tuition and is given to the school where the child is a student.
- The grant is based on the number of applicants and the calculated need of each applicant, so award amounts will vary.
- In the Spring of 2024, the principal and the families will receive a letter confirming each family and grant amount that will be issued to the school that the student(s) attend.
- The application process is a two-part process, as follows:
Please retain a copy of your confirmation for each application filed, as proof of registration that will be required in the event that we have no proof of registration.
The deadline for submitting the application January 31, 2024. No applications will be accepted after this point. OCE is working to streamline the Secretary Grant process, as we understand that it has been confusing in the past. As we move forward, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Catherine Jennings.
Professional Development for Social StudiesPosted: August 25, 2023
The Bill of Rights Institute, one of the leading providers of social studies PD for over 24 years, is bringing two free professional development seminars to the Philadelphia area this fall.
September 16-17, 2023
Location: Valley Forge National Historical Park
Find out more and register!
October 21, 2023
Location: Philadelphia Historical Society
Find out more and register!
These Civics Summits invite teachers to interact with the Bill of Rights Institute staff, scholars, other civic organizations, and fellow teachers as we explore what it means to teach civics in classrooms today. Teachers will participate in breakout sessions using Bill of Rights Institute (BRI) materials, practice classroom discourse strategies, and network with peers to learn about and share practical classroom strategies.
Introduction to Keystone STARS CertificationPosted: August 21, 2023
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82216053711?pwd=aUtOM3VGRWpjRWYzT29DblVRTHQ2dz09
New!! 2023 – 2024 Administrative Resources FormPosted: July 6, 2023
The 2023 – 2024 Administrative Resources Form has been updated and is now available on the Forms page.